- What is a vacation package?
- What kind of flights and hotels do vacation packages include?
- Are there any rules regarding booking vacation packages?
- How do I book a vacation package?
- How can I change the number of guests per room?
- How can I compare vacation package prices by date?
- How do I know how much money I've saved by booking vacation packages?
- How do I choose the check-in/out date and the number of hotel rooms?
- When booking a package, why can't I find hotels where I have stayed before?
- How do I book vacation packages for children or infants?
- How do I modify / cancel a vacation package?
- Can I get an official invoice (fa piao) for a vacation package?
What is a vacation package?
Vacation packages are a new Ctrip product created to save your time and money! By combining flight tickets and hotel room reservations in one, our system searches our database for the best value combinations for your chosen destination making booking your next trip even more convenient and wallet-friendly. Many of our vacation packages offer special discounts on select hotels, which means even bigger savings than when booking separately.
What kind of flights and hotels do vacation packages include?
At present, our packages only cover Chinese domestic flights and hotels with over 18,000 China hotels and 3,000 China flight routes to choose from.
Are there any rules regarding booking vacation packages?
Yes, vacation packages must be booked online at least 24 hours in advance and at present must be paid by credit card (Chinese domestic or international credit cards accepted). Invoice (fa piao) will be delivered via post to address provided (within mainland China).
How do I book a vacation package?
- Select "Vacation Packages" on the navigation bar or "Vacation Packages" tab in the homepage search box.Complete fields with required information, then click "Find" and the system will list all available flight and hotel combinations.
- Hotels are listed according to Ctrip recommendation. You can change this order by selecting Price, Guest rating or Star rating from the drop down "Sort by" menu. Details of the cheapest available flight option are displayed with each hotel. To learn more about the hotel, you can view pictures and room type information, or click hotel names or user reviews for more details. After choosing your desired hotel, if the proposed flight is suitable, click the "Book" button and follow the instructions to continue your reservation. If you would like to change to a different flight, click the "Choose a different flight" button to view other available flights. Select your preferred flight and follow the instructions to continue your reservation.
- Input passenger information, hotel guest information and contact information. If traveling with young children who do not require a separate room, or if you have selected a room type where an additional bed is available and you wish to amend the number of guests per room, de-select the "This person will stay at the hotel" box as needed. Please note that additional fees for extra beds will be payable on arrival at the hotel.
- Confirm all information and continue to next page to submit credit card information.
- After payment you will be given an order number. To check order status at any time, Ctrip members can sign in to their Ctrip account, select "Orders" then "Packages" to view their reservation details. Non-Ctrip members should find “My Account” in the top right-hand corner of the website and select "Guest orders“ and complete the required form to view their reservation details.
How can I change the number of guests per room?
If you require a room per person, please amend the number of rooms by using the dropdown box. If traveling with young children who do not need their own room, or if you have selected a room type where an additional bed is available and you wish to amend the number of guests per room, de-select the "This person will stay at the hotel" box as needed. Please note that additional fees for extra beds will be payable on arrival at the hotel.
How can I compare vacation package prices by date?
To check prices for +/-3 days of your chosen dates, click the "Open calendar" button abover the search results. Prices displayed show the cheapest available option on those dates. Click an alternative date range to see more results for those dates. To change any other search parameters, use the "Modify search" box on the left hand side of the page.
How do I know how much money I've saved by booking vacation packages?
All of our vacation packages represent the best available value. Savings made by booking your flight + hotel together rather than separately are displayed above the per person total on the list page, along with details of the original price if booked separately.
How do I choose the check-in/out date and the number of hotel rooms?
The system will automatically default the check-in/out date according to your chosen flight dates. If you do not need a hotel for your entire stay, select "I need a hotel for part of my trip only" and enter the hotel check-in/out date.
The system will automatically default the number of rooms to the number of passengers selected; however, you can choose the number of rooms according to your actual needs. Default number of guests per room is two.
When booking a package, why can't I find hotels where I have stayed before?
Those hotels may be fully booked or are not currently included in our vacation package options. All hotels included in our packages come highly recommended by guests, so why not try out somewhere new?
How do I book vacation packages for children or infants?
When booking your vacation package, select "Adult", "Child" (or "Infant") from the passenger type list. There must be at least one adult passenger for each child/infant traveling. Fill in the required fields and submit the order. Please note that our system currently only allows either children or infants to travel on the same reservation. If traveling with infants and children together, please click the "Flights" tab and book additional child/infant tickets separately, with one adult passenger per child/infant..
How do I modify / cancel a vacation package?
How can I change or cancel my package reservation?
To change or cancel your package reservation, please call us at 400 619 9999 (within mainland China) or (86 21) 3210 4669 (international).
How much do I have to pay for changing or cancelling my package reservation?
There is no handling fee to change your reservation; however, additional change fees vary according to individual airline and hotel policies.
For cancellations, there is a handling fee of CNY 50 per guest. Additional cancellation fees vary according to individual airline and hotel policies.
Will the package price apply if I extend my stay?
No, the package price does not cover extended stays; however, if you wish to extend your stay, a Ctrip member discount may apply. Additional fees are paid at hotel reception.
Can I get an official invoice (fa piao) for a vacation package?
Ctrip will provide an official invoice (fa piao) for the total amount of the package. Separate flight and hotel invoices are not available. Although hotels cannot provide a separate invoice for the hotel part of a package, you may ask them to provide an invoice for any additional payments made during your stay.
Invoices are sent via post to your appointed address within mainland China. For round-trip flight and hotel orders, Ctrip will send you the invoice the day after your return flight's arrival. For one-way flight and hotel orders, Ctrip will send you your invoice on the day following check-out.
If you are in urgent need of an invoice, we can arrange to send it to you after successful payment. If you wish to change or cancel your package reservation you will need to first return the invoice.