Accounts and points
- Registering for an account
- Profile, password & booking history
- Ctrip Points
Registering for an account
Do I need a Ctrip account to book?
No. We only need your email address to send you confirmation of your bookings. However, if you do sign up to become a Ctrip member, you will benefit from our rewards program by earning Ctrip Points. Membership is completely free.
How do I register for a Ctrip account?
Click Register at the top right-hand corner and provide your information to enjoy exclusive member deals. While making a flight or hotel booking, you can also register on the booking page by clicking Sign in and then Register now.
Profile, password & booking history
How do I change my password?
After you sign in to your account, hover on My Account in the top right-hand corner, select Profile from the drop-down menu and find Account and password in the menu on the left. Click Change password, enter your new password in the pop-up window and then submit.
What should I do if I forget my password?
A. You can reset your password online:
- Click Sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page and then click Forgot your password? above the password box on the sign in page. On the Reset password page, enter your account name and the captcha and then submit.
- Choose to reset your password by SMS or email. We will either send a verification code to your mobile phone or an email to the email account you registered with us.
- Enter the verification code from the SMS on the reset password page or click the link in the email to set a new password. Note: The link in the password reset email will only be valid the first time it is clicked. Clicking on the link more than once will direct you to an error page.
B. If you cannot reset your password using the above methods:
Please call us at 400 828 8966 (within Mainland China) or (+86 21) 3210 4669 (outside Mainland China). You can also email e_service@Ctrip.com for assistance.
How do I review or update my profile information?
Hover on My Account in the top right-hand corner and select Profile from the drop-down menu. Click the Edit button located at the bottom of the page. Update your personal information then save.
How do I look up my current reservations?
Ctrip members: Find My account in the top right-hand corner and click Sign in. After signing in you can view existing flight, hotel, package and train bookings under My bookings.
Non-Ctrip members: Find My account in the top right-hand corner and click Guest bookings. Choose your booking type from the drop-down menu, input the booking number you want to check and provide the email address used when making the booking. Finally, enter the displayed captcha and click View booking details.
For security purposes, you will receive an email notification confirming someone has viewed your booking details.
How are Ctrip Points accumulated?
As soon as you register as a Ctrip member, 1,000 points will be automatically awarded to your account. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Ctrip. Once you activate your account by clicking on the provided link, you will be rewarded with 200 more Ctrip Points. As a member, every hotel or flight booking you make with Ctrip will earn you points.
|Type of booking||No. of basic points earned|
|Hotels (not earning C-Money)||Booking amount|
|Flight||Ticket fare ÷ 10|
- The booking amount is calculated based on the cost in CNY.
- The rules above apply to hotel bookings submitted on or after 24 March 2015.
- Delivery fees cannot be used to accumulate points.
- For flight bookings, the following items will not earn Ctrip points:
- Domestic discount economy class tickets.
- Fuel surcharges, airport construction fees, taxes, and refund/change/upgrade fees.
- Insurance, VIP lounge access, extra checked baggage and hotel promotion codes purchased as part of a flight package.
- Currently, train ticket and vacation package bookings do not earn Ctrip Points.
- The following hotel bookings do not qualify for Ctrip points: Rooms that (i) are provided by a third-party supplier (ii) earn customers C-money (iii) are paid for with a promotion code.
For different membership levels, points are awarded as follows(valid from 15 April 2015):
|Regular membership||Online/By telephone||=Basic points ×1|
|By mobile site/app||=Basic points ×1.2|
|Gold membership||Online/By telephone||=Basic points ×1.5|
|By mobile site/app||=Basic points ×1.7|
|Platinum membership||Online/By telephone||=Basic points ×1.8|
|By mobile site/app||=Basic points ×2|
|Diamond membership||Online/By telephone||=Basic points ×2|
|By mobile site/app||=Basic points ×2.2|
When are Ctrip Points credited to my account?
A) Hotel reservations
- For hotels in Mainland China, points are credited to your account about one week after checkout (during public holidays and for some hotels, it may take a little longer).
- For hotels in Hong Kong and Macau, points are credited about one month after checkout.
- For prepaid hotels overseas (including Taiwan), points are credited one day after checkout.
B) Flight reservations
- Points are credited about three working days after ticket(s) have been issued and paid for.
How do I find out how many Ctrip Points I have?
Hover on My account in the top right hand corner and select Ctrip points from the drop-down menu. Your total points are displayed at the top of the page.
What can I do with my Ctrip Points?
Ctrip points can be redeemed for promotion codes, which can be used for bookings paid on Ctrip.
Do my Ctrip Points ever expire?
Ctrip Points are valid for two years. For example, if you checked out a hotel on 2 December 2014 and received 800 Ctrip Points, these 800 Ctrip Points will expire on 31 December 2016.
For further details, please call us on 400 828 8966 (within Mainland China) or (+86 21) 3210 4669 (outside Mainland China). You can also email your queries to email@example.com.