Payment and security
How do I pay Ctrip?
|Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, JCB, Amex)||Debit cards issued within mainland China||PayPal (Desktop website only)||C-Money||C-Money+||Korea Issued Card|
|Issued within mainland China||Issued outside mainland China|
*PayPal can only be used for online payment of domestic flights if you are logged in and the departing flight leaves more than 24 hours after booking.
**Only some hotels currently support UnionPay Online Payment. If your selected hotel does not support this option, the bottom of the payment page will display this message: Single-currency credit cards not accepted. Your valid credit card information will be sent to the hotel after encryption to process payment.
Is it safe to pay online?
The security of your private information is guaranteed on Ctrip.com by Verisign, a trusted international service provider.
We only allow credit card numbers to be transmitted to us over the Internet by browsers using Secure Sockets Layer encryption. When you enter your credit card number, SSL encodes the information and transmits in a format that prevents any form of data theft. Once received by our secure server, your credit card number is never transmitted over the Internet again.
SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology have effectively protected hundreds of thousands of Ctrip customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online.
What can I do if encounter a problem while making an online payment?
Payments might fail for a variety of reasons. Some common situations when paying with UnionPay Online Payment include:
- Your card doesn’t allow online payments. Please contact your bank or choose another payment option.
- You don’t have the appropriate software installed to make an online payment. Please contact your bank’s customer service for help.
- The transaction amount exceeds your card limit for online payments. Please call your bank to adjust your limit.
- Incorrect card information was provided. Please confirm the information and try again.
If you have any other questions or problems, please contact your bank or UnionPay's customer service for help.
What do I need to know about payment with credit cards?
To protect customers from credit card fraud, we may require additional verification from cardholders paying with credit cards. When paying with a credit card, be prepared to provide the following:
- Completed and signed Authorization Agreement
- Images of credit card being used (both front and back, including the cardholder's signature)
- Image of cardholder's passport signature page
Customers can digitally photograph or scan the above, encrypt the files according to instructions and send to a designated email.