Payment and security
- How do I pay Ctrip?
- Is it safe to pay online?
- What is UnionPay Online Payment?
- Which bank cards can use UnionPay Online Payment?
- Do I need to enable online payments with my bank to use UnionPay Online Payment on Ctrip?
- Can I use UnionPay Online Payment by App/WAP or only on the desktop website?
- How do I use UnionPay Online Payment?
- What can I do if encounter a problem while making an online payment?
- What do I need to know about payment with credit cards?
How do I pay Ctrip?
|Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, JCB, Amex)||Debit cards issued within mainland China||PayPal (Desktop website only)||C-Money||C-Money+||UnionPay Online Payment (Desktop website only)|
|Issued within mainland China||Issued outside mainland China|
*PayPal can only be used for online payment of domestic flights if you are logged in and the departing flight leaves more than 24 hours after booking.
**Only some hotels currently support UnionPay Online Payment. If your selected hotel does not support this option, the bottom of the payment page will display this message: Single-currency credit cards not accepted. Your valid credit card information will be sent to the hotel after encryption to process payment.
Is it safe to pay online?
The security of your private information is guaranteed on Ctrip.com by Verisign, a trusted international service provider.
We only allow credit card numbers to be transmitted to us over the Internet by browsers using Secure Sockets Layer encryption. When you enter your credit card number, SSL encodes the information and transmits in a format that prevents any form of data theft. Once received by our secure server, your credit card number is never transmitted over the Internet again.
SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology have effectively protected hundreds of thousands of Ctrip customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online.
What is UnionPay Online Payment?
UnionPay Online Payment allows for payments to be made online using UnionPay cards issued by more than 180 banks and financial organizations. It provides cardholders with convenient and secure online payment services.
Which bank cards can use UnionPay Online Payment?
UnionPay Online Payment can support cards issued by more than 180 banks and financial organizations, including major banks in China and some international cards. To see the full list of banks, please refer to UnionPay's official website here.
Do I need to enable online payments with my bank to use UnionPay Online Payment on Ctrip?
It depends on the type of bank card you have and the policies of the bank who issued your card. If your bank allows online payments, you can pay directly via UnionPay Online Payment. Please check with your bank or UnionPay customer service beforehand to find out whether your card can make online payments.
Can I use UnionPay Online Payment by App/WAP or only on the desktop website?
UnionPay Online Payment can only be used via Ctrip's desktop website at this time.
How do I use UnionPay Online Payment?
Select UnionPay Online Payment as your payment option. You will be redirected to UnionPay to complete your payment. Go to the UnionPay Online Payment page and select your bank, enter you card information and click Confirm to pay. Please note that you need to complete your payment within 30 minutes of submitting your booking.
What can I do if encounter a problem while making an online payment?
Payments might fail for a variety of reasons. Some common situations when paying with UnionPay Online Payment include:
- Your card doesn’t allow online payments. Please contact your bank or choose another payment option.
- You don’t have the appropriate software installed to make an online payment. Please contact your bank’s customer service for help.
- The transaction amount exceeds your card limit for online payments. Please call your bank to adjust your limit.
- Incorrect card information was provided. Please confirm the information and try again.
If you have any other questions or problems, please contact your bank or UnionPay's customer service for help.
What do I need to know about payment with credit cards?
To protect customers from credit card fraud, we may require additional verification from cardholders paying with credit cards. When paying with a credit card, be prepared to provide the following:
- Completed and signed Authorization Agreement
- Images of credit card being used (both front and back, including the cardholder's signature)
- Image of cardholder's passport signature page
Customers can digitally photograph or scan the above, encrypt the files according to instructions and send to a designated email.